This is the place where I can "let my hair down". My personal journal, being sent into the void! Don't be offended, don't be appauled, just be entertained by the freaky way my head works and try not to hold it against me!!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Oh and by the way, I HATE the Christmas Story!


So I'm super into music, as everyone who knows me well knows. But I'm SUPER into Christmas music. I always have been. I obtained a whole new appreciation for it when i was working at Gap though. I'm partial to the classics. Bing Crosby, Frankie Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, etc. Every year it seems I have a new favorite and a new song to loathe. This year my favorite is "All I Want for Christmas is You". My least favorite is "Baby, It's Cold Outside". My all time favorite will always be the classic version of "Little Drummer Boy". And countless others would easily be labeled my favorite to sing. I guess Christmas music reminds me of the numerous choirs I've been in. I love harmonizing, and really these songs are made exactly for that. Makes me think that the seasons really are all about harmony and peace and love.

I used to hate Christmas (those 5 or 6 years when all I ever asked for was a remote control car, but got things like bookmarks and underwear instead. What kind of booty is that?? Certainly nothing to brag about. I have a reputation during the holidays as a result. I am SO not able to keep my gifts a secret until Christmas. I'm always so proud of what I'm giving, and so anxious to see the look on my friends' faces that I HAVE to give them their gifts early. I love spending time with the family, playing games, listening to the music, making cookies and delivering them.. And this year, I have the enviable job of creating a new tradition for a beautiful little girl who will be forming her own memories of what Christmas means. I'm so excited. We're always so focused on that one day, but really it's the feeling of the season that I love. The only thing that can put a damper on Christmas for me is Santa. The Claus himself makes me shiver with disgust. Not the thought of Santa. The old men in the malls dressed up. Roaring and ready to have all those hundreds of kids and their moms sit on their laps and ask them for things like they were kings or gods. ICK! Creepy old bastards! This is why I'm including this link in my blog today:

http://www.southflorida.com/events/sfl-scaredsanta,0,2245506.photogallery?index=1

Check it out. You'll see exactly why I can't stand Santa (or clowns for that matter0. Half of them look like murderers and my favorite is picture number 11, where Santa looks just as pissed as the kids! Tis the Season, BABY!!

No comments: