This is the place where I can "let my hair down". My personal journal, being sent into the void! Don't be offended, don't be appauled, just be entertained by the freaky way my head works and try not to hold it against me!!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Are you sure you know who you are??







I love spending time with friends whom I haven't seen in a while. It feels great to catch up and hear about their adventures, and wonder at how much of them I've missed (that's before the guilt of course). So, last night when I FINALLY had the chance to spend time with a friend that I've been missing a lot, I was a little confused. Granted, I was told yesterday that I get confused easily (I act confused a lot more than I actually am, mind you), but I'm wondering why he sat there drinking a beer, telling me about his "experiences" and at the same time preaching to me about how I'm going to want to go back to church someday.

Couple problems with this. I love him. He's been an incredible friend for forever, but he's also been inactive forever too. He's done more in the last 3 years, than I will in my adventures guaranteed! Why is it that he feels that telling me he's been in my position (which he hasn't) and that he knows exactly what I'm feeling (which he doesn't), is gonna make me listen to him anymore than anyone else? I guess my point is that I appreciate the decision he's made. I understand why he's done it (for a girl when it comes right down to it). But until he can NOT drink in front of me, and talk about all the girls he's been with, what is he thinking? His mouth was just as foul as mine. His habits are just as bad as mine. Except that he sits in a suit playing organ 3 hours each Sunday, and I don't! Bah!

I have to say that he's a great guy, and I loved the fact that after so long we could just pick up, catch up, and move on like no time had gone by at all! I still don't care for the raspberry beer at Bear/Mooses Tooth though.. Sorry fellas!! ;)

No comments: